Seeking Truth, Finding Love

This blog will be a place where I explore various issues of importance to me, most notably religious and spiritual ones. Even though I've ceased to claim the label of "Muslim," I see no reason not to hang on to the moniker "bashirkareem" because it's actual meaning still has relevance for me and my life. Thus, you will hear more as time passes. God bless!

"Bashir" means "bringer of glad tidings" while "Kareem" indicates ideas such as generosity and friendliness. Thus, my online moniker, Bashir Kareem, indicates my desire to bring gladness and kindness whereever I may, in accordance with the will of God.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Joy of Energy Healing

Originally posted 2/2/2009, transferred from other blog

For the unaware: Reiki is a Japanese energy healing method that involves the practitioner laying his/her hands on the client in order to channel "universal life force energy" into that person for healing (physical or mental/emotional) or just for general well-being. For more detailed info, please see this site.

I've already had Reiki I for several months now, after my training back in spring of 2008. It basically allowed me to transmit energy to others by the laying on of hands. (Not unlike what happens in some Christian churches.) Over the past week, I've had two classes in Reiki II, day-long classes on 1/25 and today (2/1). I already am getting benefit from it. I feel as if my Reiki energy is more powerful and, therefore, more helpful to myself and others. In addition, I can now do serious mental/emotional healing and distance healing. That's right, you can transmit Reiki energy to others (and yourself) from a distance and into the past and future.

I think I will find this particularly useful for helping friends whom I cannot necessarily see in person and for giving mental/emotional healing to myself and others. I look forward to seeing what I am able to accomplish with this new level of Reiki. Wish me luck! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home