Seeking Truth, Finding Love

This blog will be a place where I explore various issues of importance to me, most notably religious and spiritual ones. Even though I've ceased to claim the label of "Muslim," I see no reason not to hang on to the moniker "bashirkareem" because it's actual meaning still has relevance for me and my life. Thus, you will hear more as time passes. God bless!

"Bashir" means "bringer of glad tidings" while "Kareem" indicates ideas such as generosity and friendliness. Thus, my online moniker, Bashir Kareem, indicates my desire to bring gladness and kindness whereever I may, in accordance with the will of God.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Personal Ad

dcp_1591

Name: Chris

Age: 26

Location: Boston, MA

Gender: Male

Orientation: Gay

Occupation: Sociology Ph.D. Student

Politics: Left Libertarian

Religion: Earth-based

Contact info: AIM: smartboy17 / Yahoo IM: radical_theorist_83

About Me:
I am hoping to eventually get my PhD and build a career in alternative mental health. (Ask me if you don't know what that means.) I enjoy reading good books at coffee shops, writing stories and poetry, cooking food (especially soup and pizza), taking long walks in the city and in hiking areas, playing tennis, watching fun and interesting movies, and hanging out with friends. I have a very intellectual side to me, asking deep questions and seeking the greater, deeper meaning in everything and everyone. (People often ask me questions expecting a brief answer but get an essay instead!) I also have a very spiritual side, with a fairly active religious life. At the same time, I also have a very FUN side that enjoys joking and laughing, and low-brow humor such as Scary Movie, White Chicks, and Dumb and Dumber.

Despite being a grad student, doing research, and teaching classes…I also like to let loose, open myself up to great things, and have a good, fun time! However, that does not entail the stereotypical gay lifestyle. I do not smoke or do drugs, though I do enjoy the occasional social drink, and the club scene appeals to me very little; the only way I’m interested in going to a club is if I’m with friends. In this respect, if I were a character on Queer as Folk, I’d be Michael, not Brian. Though I do like to get out and do things, as is evident in the previous paragraph, I think I’m just a homebody (or coffeeshop-body) at heart. :-)

Obviously, as evidenced by my blog title, I enjoy yarn-crafting. I just started knitting in October 2008, and crocheting in roughly November 2008. I always hear that crocheting is easier than knitting, though I honestly have found it to be the reverse for me. I want to learn more about crochet, as well as some more advanced knitting techniques. In terms of knitting, I want to try embroidery, intarsia, and Fair Isle techniques. In terms of actual items, what I’m most interested in making right now are scarves (the only thing I’ve actually attempted), sweaters, blankets, and socks. If you check my profile, look at the project called “Christmas Scarf”; I am most proud of this one because I’ve gotten the rows straight and because I was able to execute color changes successfully.

Some things I look for in a guy’s personality:
-direction and goals in life
-a long-term outlook
-empathy
-a strong emotional side
-affectionate, passionate, and sexual (hey, a man has needs!)
-mature outlook on life
-adventurous and willing to try new things
-values long-term relationships and family
-is somehow spiritual or religious (or at least respects those impulses in others)
-values quality time together
-humility without self-deprecation

Some things I tend to like physically (but do not limit myself to):
-about my height (5’7)
-dark skin and hair (e.g., Latino, Italian, Middle Eastern, South Asian, etc.)
-slim, athletic/muscular, average, few extra pounds, OR somewhat on the chubby side
-minimal body hair

I find myself attracted to both fem guys AND masculine guys, for different reasons, and everywhere in between. I might find myself drawn to a shorter, slender, fem guy one day…and then to a taller, muscular, masculine guy in the near future! I sometimes joke that I’m really bisexual, that I simply like for my girls to be boys, too! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home