Seeking Truth, Finding Love

This blog will be a place where I explore various issues of importance to me, most notably religious and spiritual ones. Even though I've ceased to claim the label of "Muslim," I see no reason not to hang on to the moniker "bashirkareem" because it's actual meaning still has relevance for me and my life. Thus, you will hear more as time passes. God bless!

"Bashir" means "bringer of glad tidings" while "Kareem" indicates ideas such as generosity and friendliness. Thus, my online moniker, Bashir Kareem, indicates my desire to bring gladness and kindness whereever I may, in accordance with the will of God.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Christmas Scarf

image006

This scarf is -- or, rather, will be -- perfect for the winter season. The colors are your classic Christmas colors, red and green. Plus, if you choose darker shades of red and green, as I have, the Christmas-y aspect will be modest enough that you could wear it anytime at all. Even though Christmas is already over, I really, really look forward to wearing it. As you can see, it is not finished yet, but I have confidence that it will turn out great, inshallah.

Materials
Two skeins of Cascade 220, one red and one green (shades up to you)
Two size 7 needles
Scissors

Directions
1. Cast on 46 stitches using one color yarn.
2. First row: K1; p2, K2 until the last stitch; p1
3. Work the next 19 rows same as above.
4. Change to the other yarn, and work the next 20 rows same as above.
5. Change back to the previous color, working the next 20 rows the same.
6. Repeat 4 and 5 until your scarf is at the desired length.
7. Bind off in pattern and, if you have enough yarn, you may add a fringe or some other finishing touch, if you like.

NOTES: You can cast on a different (even) number of stitches, if you'd like the scarf narrower or wider. You can also make color changes more or less often, depending on how wide you want the stripes to be.

image010

image0083

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home